Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Even My Dreams Were Small

Before you

Even my dreams were small

I used to dream. 

In this great, mundane life of mine 

I had a world. Better than where I’m from 

Safe. Comfortable 

My fantasies seemed exotic, adventurous

Then you 

A reality so bright

I knew it was real. Where I belonged. 

Where we belonged 

And then you were gone

And my dreams 

The ones I’d had before

Those dreams, those fantasies

Pale when compared to the reality of you 

My dreams were not enough

So accustomed to accepting less

I even dreamed small dreams 

Simple escapes

I never knew reality could mean you

Could mean love 

Could mean a world I wanted. 

Deep inside

A world I’d long since forgotten I’d ever thought of

A world for someone else

Then you

Opening my eyes

Holding my heart

Showing me all of me

All of us

A reality I now long to claim

And will claim

And you

I want you there

By my side

The two of us

Claiming a world we deserve 

Our reality bigger than any dream

Our light bolder than all others 

Embracing every possibility 

Creating even more

The end of small dreams

The beginning of fantastic reality

A world spinning at the touch of our hands

No comments:

Post a Comment