Sunday, August 11, 2019

The Journey

So. I keep a catalog in my mind of all the moments of happiness. The minutes of pure joy. 

I would trade all of them, every single one. For the chance to be completely available when we met. 

You … us.  Being with you. I was happy. Really, truly happy. For those few months, I was happy. Before then, you were the light of my days. And then, you were a fire in my soul. Our trip, our escape… a fantasy. A reality… a kind of love I’d forgotten I’d ever wanted. 

I’m ok now. Alone. I’m happy. That fire didn’t go out. You still burn inside me. 

But. I want you. You were there when this journey started. I want you with me now. Today. For as long as we both can walk this path. Even if it is only until tomorrow. 

Together, our fire will drive the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment