Monday, September 9, 2019

Nothing

Nothing feels the same.

The little tricks.

The long walks, the loud music, the hot showers.

Nothing feels the same.

All the tiny things, the stolen moments, the mundane, everyday that made me smile.

None of it works now.

Not since you.

Not since I felt fully, completely happy.

I thought I'd been happy before. I thought I'd been whole before. I thought I was … at least fine.

And then … you.

Euphoria.

Words fail to describe the feeling.

Like touching the sun. Or holding a star.

Something impossible...everything impossible -- felt real, felt possible with you.

I was on fire.

That fire still burns.

But the sunny day, the happy song... nothing.

Only an empty heart receives them.

I am … incomplete, desolate, broken...

What would once have brought a certain smile or a hearty laugh bring nothing...

Only you can bring it back.

I only want what I never knew I needed.

Only all of you.

Every day.

Until then, nothing...nothing makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment