Friday, October 11, 2019

Not Like This

The whole time... the whole time we were together, I felt it was, well, bizarre.

It was strange the way we met... odd the place we met.

All of it... the trajectory of our coming together … highly unlikely.

But, there we were. Together. Having coffee and then lunch and then more and then a trip and then...

I said you were amazing...and you are. You said I was incredible.

You once asked me to describe how I felt about you...

And, well, I couldn't … I couldn't find the words.

I'd said the words "I love you" to others...but, those words seemed to fail to convey the complete possession of my heart... you had (and still have) ALL of me.

I can't help it and I can't stop it and I have never been happier in my life.

I used to think: This, this is good. Or, wow...

But... you.

I've never loved like this. Not with all of me. Not completely.

I've never accepted ALL of someone else... not completely.

And... well, I know our brief time had to end...

And... I'm thrilled you're back in my life.

If we never have again what we had in those brief moments, I'll at least have that time...those weeks and days and minutes .. to look back on and remember what it was like to be lost in love.

And when I see you now, I see love.

I respect you...

The basis of love is respect.

If all you want now is to work with me, to sit with me, to talk to me... I can do that.

For more than a week now, I've slept well... and I'm not crying every day.

I'm not crying at all.

Having you in my life... in any way … is true beauty.

You know where I stand... what I want: ALL of you.

But know this: No one has touched me like you do, like you can.

I am here. For you.

I want all of you and I'll give you all of me.

I've never loved like this... and just a moment in your presence is like a thousand perfect summer days.

If you never want more than just "this" just working and being and talking... I'm here.

But if you decide you want what we had in those moments we shared, I'm here.

Those days we had together...that feeling... it can be real every single day.

I've never loved.

Not like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment