Thursday, November 14, 2019

First Love

I met my first love when I was 43.

Yes, I'd been with other women. Had met them, held them, made love to them... told them I loved them, heard them say it back to me.

But. No one. Not one single person moved me...touched my heart... like she did.

Not until I was 43 would I give myself fully to another person. Not until that day would I open my heart.

I hugged her when we met the first time...she embraced me in return.

The magic was just beginning.

I met my first love when I was 43.

In some ways, that is difficult to realize, hard to type.

But. That's what I happened.

I had given good parts of me, most of me, the love I knew how to give to others.

But to her, I gave it all.

To know I have that capacity...to know that CAN be done, it's a tremendous gift.

She's in my life again.

In a small but beautiful way. I'm rejoicing that she's there.

My heart still sings with each text from her.

I don't know what's next.

I know she taught me how to love...how to give.

I met my first love when I was 43.

I will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment