Friday, November 8, 2019

Wedding Day

You wore a long, flowing white dress. Simple, clean, long... accentuating your height. Your hair pinned back at the sides with flowers. Your feet bare, and still taller than me.

You looked down as you walked, shy, quiet, heart beating fast.

I could not stop smiling.

The day was cool, the grass still moist from morning dew.

The view... the hills... the valley below.

The few gathered with us. A small circle of friends and very select family. No more than 20 all told.

THIS. This is the day I've waited for … every single day of my life was getting ready for this day.

My path... like an ancient river, snaking through a thick forest. Twists, turns, slow movements, fast currents over jagged rocks.

Your path was more direct... not without bumps, but … more certain.

I still... still can't believe I even made a mark in the book of your heart.

Here we are.

Our wedding day.

Our promise to each other.

Our beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment